Effective Date: February 17, 2020.
What we collect
We may collect (either directly or through third-party services such as Google Analytics) the following information:
- Your name and contact information, including a phone number, postal or email address.
- Information we may automatically receive when you visit the Site, including your browser information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, the day and time of your visit and the website page you visited prior to visiting the Site.
- Demographic information such as age, gender, zip code, preferences and interests.
- Information you provide in inquiry or when providing feedback about the Site.
- Other information for customer surveys, promotions and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We collect information to understand your needs, provide better service, and enhance our marketing efforts including, without limitation, as follows:
- Improving our products and services.
- Sending promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- Market research and internal record keeping purposes.
- Customizing the Site according to your interests.
- Carrying out our marketing activities.
- Fulfillment of products and services.
- Promotional campaigns.
- Responding to your inquiries.
- Administering the Site, identifying any server problems, and calculating Site usage levels.
- Identifying you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- Sharing with a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Terms; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We do not process credit card payments or retain any financial information.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to or maintained on computers or servers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. For instance, your information may be transferred to Ireland or the United States and may be stored on servers in France or the Netherlands. Any data transfers of information of people within the European Union (EU) will be protected as required under the GDPR.
Your information will be stored in our data systems for only so long as is necessary to fulfil your requests and our needs for data as described above. At any time, you may request a copy of the information we are storing which relates to you.
We use reasonable physical, electronic and administrative measures to safeguard your personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If we learn of any breach or unauthorized access that may impact your personal information under our control, we will notify you and the appropriate authorities, as required by applicable law. Likewise, if you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact” section of the Site.
Third-Party Vendors and Services
We use third-party vendors and services, including Google Analytics, in connection with our online advertising, and to help us analyze how visitors’ access and use the Site. Our advertising may be shown on sites across the Internet. Any data collected through our use of Google Analytics will be used in compliance with the Google AdWords Interest-Based Advertising Policy, which may be viewed here: https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en.
We also may contract with third-party service providers who may provide services to us such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services and other services. As part of the contracts and services, information you provide may be shared by us with any of such third-party vendors. These vendors have separate privacy and data collection practices which are independent of us. We are not responsible or liable for these independent practices, policies or actions.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Site, there may be a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to our using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Choices and Access
If you no longer want to receive electronic newsletters, marketing communications, and other communications related to other products or services offered by us, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link available in each email or contact us and request to be removed from our email marketing database.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates which whom we have already shared it. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our products or services.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose to use any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise.
Publicly displayed information is public
Information you may provide on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials that may become public information and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, on the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information you choose to share with other users or the general public.
Certain Rights under the GDPR
If you are in the European Union when you access the Site, you have the following rights regarding your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Right of Access – You can request further details regarding your personal information that we process, such as the types of personal information we process, the source of such information, the purpose for which we process the personal information, the expected duration that we anticipates holding that personal information, and the technical safeguards for that information, subject to the limitations set out in applicable laws and regulations.
- Right of correction – At your request, we will correct incomplete or inaccurate parts of your personal information, consistent with the GDPR.
- Right to be forgotten – At your request, we will delete your personal information if it is no longer necessary for us to retain it, though we will decline your request if we must continue the processing of your personal information to comply with legal requirements.
- Right to restrict processing – At your request, we will restrict processing of your personal information, though we will decline this request if we must continue the processing of your personal information to comply with legal requirements.
- Right to data portability – At your request, we will provide you free of charge with your personal information in a structured, commonly used format.
- Right to object – If data processing is justified by our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to this processing if you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. We will comply with your request unless we have legitimate grounds for the processing which override your rights and freedoms, or where the processing is in connection with the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing – You will not be subject to decisions with a legal or similarly significant effect (including profiling) that are based solely on the automated processing of your personal information, unless you have given us your explicit consent or where they are necessary for the performance of a contract.
- Right to withdraw consent – You have the right to withdraw any consent you may have previously given us at any time.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will typically not charge fees in connection with the exercise of your rights, but reserve the right to do so for excessive, repetitive, or burdensome requests. We will advise you if we reject or require a fee in connection with any request, and the basis therefor. If you are not satisfied with our response to your exercise of your GDPR rights, you have the right to complain or seek advice from a supervisory authority and/or bring a claim against Gulf Racing Fuels in any court of competent jurisdiction.